Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My New Bathing Suit

O.K., So here's my story about the new suit.  Well, at least part of it.  I bought a new suit from Land's End this year because my black suit with the big pink bow across the chest finally gave it up.  I loved that suit!   All of the shirring apparently let go and I almost lost it in the pool when I dared to swim at Barnesley Gardens during our anniversary visit.  It was time to mourn and move on...

I had not planned to ever go in swimming again so at first I figured I didn't need a suit at all.  After 18 years of living in South Florida I was over the swimming thing. But then that Land's End catalog came in the mail and low and behold, there it was!  It was blue and that blue, my favorite color and that blue  just cascaded down the suit in deepening colors.  I tried it on and not only was it beautiful, but the amount of spandex in the suit brought a whole new dimension to walking...I took one step and the suit took two more for me!  I just had to have it!


It was the last thing I packed in my suitcase as we headed to Kansas City for Market.  It was definite...I was going to swim again.  When we arrived at the Holiday Inn I was a bit disappointed that the pool was outside, but what the heck, it was 88 when we arrived and so it was perfect weather for swimming.  As I ran outside there appeared to be one more obstacle; no water in the pool and the opening was set for Memorial Day weekend.  We weren't going to be there that long.  The eternal optimist, I watched every day for water until finally, the day before we departed the pool was filled.   It was a miracle...I ran outside hoping for a quick dip the day before we left (the temperature had dropped to the 70's), and was met by the pool attendant who spoke a limited amount of English.  You didn't have to speak another language to know that he wasn't going to let me go in the pool.  Alas...the suit went back in the suitcase - mission not accomplished. 
Think I'll just wear it around the
house until the next opportunity for a trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment