Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer is definitely here - no school traffic!  This makes my drive into the store a bit shorter and that means I get to spend time in the store getting it ready for you to come and visit!  Lately that means making sure the customer quilts are perfectly displayed for you to see. We've begun our customer show, "Garden Party", and the shop is certainly blooming with your handiwork. I love spending time in the early morning finding just the right spot to show off your quilts and I especially love reading the stories that go along with them. 

I've pictured Elisabyth's bright and sunny Pink Lemonade quilt here for you to enjoy.  (You can find more pictures of the show quilts on our website.)  I loved the story behind this quilt.  Elisabyth selected the blocks from EQ5 and put them together using pink and yellow fabric from she found in shops all over the North Georgia area.  I could pick out our fabric in spots all over the quilt.The quilt was quilted by Keith and Karen Williams with little lemon slices - perfect!  Thanks for letting us share it with our customers!

Hope you'll all enter your projects of which Tiny Stitches has been a part,  It's not too late.  The show runs through July!

No comments:

Post a Comment