Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kansas City finale

It's hard to believe that just a week ago we were in Kansas City at Market.  Market closed at 4:00 last Sunday and we were there to the end.  Though there was much more to see, I thought I would close our journey with a few last pictures.  Two groups from Moda that were of particular interest are mentioned here.  The first is "Mama Said Sew" from Sweetwater.  We bought the whole red, white, black and grey collection and I was interested to see what they had done with it. (Due out in August, 2012)   I didn't have to look far...there were already patterns and ideas from several companies.  The girls at the booth were very gracious but I elected to have my booth picture made alone.  (They were smaller than I am and you know that thing about the camera adding 10 pounds.)


The other group was Double Chocolate, due out in  October.  This line is from Three Sisters and is the follow up to the previous Chocolate.  Our Moda rep, Kathy Skomp, designed a pattern for a quilt from this line and we are excited to be able to have it in the shop soon.  There were no projects available on display for this line, but we'll send them as soon as some are out there.

My last picture here is from the Alexander Henry booth.  They always have the most interesting displays!  This one had upholstered chairs stacked on top of each other.  I couldn't figure this out exactly, but it really caught my eye.  I always check to see if they are still making that Christmas hunk (shirtless men) fabric.  I haven't had the courage to order it yet, but I keep looking!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment